As we all know most of the food that are produced in today’s age contain a lot of synthetic materials. These foods lack all the vital vitamins and minerals that actually these foods are suppose to provide to our body on consumption. This all has happened because of the excessive and the careless use of insecticides, pesticides and herbicides during production.
Organic Foods are made in a way such that the use of all the above synthetic substances is either limited or excluded so that the final product is safe for consumption and is nutritious.
Historically, regular farming was also organic but as time progress and with the advent of the modern age and fertilizers, the farming has now turned into non-organic where a lot of synthetic material is used either to increase or decrease the quality or quantity of the product or to keep the plants safe from safe from the attacks of pest and insects.
Disadvantages of non-organic foods:
· Loses most of the nutrients during processing and those nutrients have to be added back artificially. These artificial substances can be harmful to the health of human beings.
· Pesticides, Herbicides and Insecticides are used in conventional framing to protect crops from pests, insects and weeds. These pesticides, insecticides etc are toxic so most of the time a toxic residue is left over on the plants.
· Many times human waste are used as manure. This contaminated sewage sludege may increase the risk of getting diseases.
· Non-organic food is irradiated, to kill harmful bacteria and other microorganisms. Such radiations might cause diseases in human beings.
· Consumption of Non-Organic Foods can lead to a number of diseases including cancer.
· Several amount of Green House gas is emitted due to non-organic farming.
Now compared to that organic foods offer a lot of advantages:
· Organic farms do not consume or discharge synthetic substances like pesticides or herbicides into the environment. These synthetic substances are harmful to the environment. So we can say that Organic farming helps in protecting the environment and natural habitat.
· Foods produced using organic farming have higher amounts of beneficial minerals, essential amino acids and vitamins than non – organic food.
· In organic farming, fertilizers, pesticides and herbicides are tried to avoid at the most so that the food becomes non toxic.
· Human wastages and sewage sluedege is not used in organic framing thus making the food more human friendly.
· Organic Foods are very healthy and do not lead to any kind of diseases unlike non-organic farming.
· No Green House gas is emitted due to organic farming.
So citing above, we can conclude that taking organic foods is a good habit because it reduces health risk and is environment friendly.